This week’s S4W Accomplish More: All-Stars spotlights Dustin Mike Miller. Dustin Mike Miller is the founder of The Unified Living Construct (U.L.C.), a platform for world change, self-development and sharing philosophy fostering innovation and growth. This is his story about how experimenting with nootropics helped lay the cornerstones for The U.L.C.
Complete transparency is one of the cornerstones upon which Supplements for Work was built. It’s always been one of our core values, ever since we first started and included a copy of the Certificate of Analysis with each order we shipped. Every customer has the right to know exactly what’s in the products they buy because, let’s face it, it can be pretty scary when faced with a ubiquitous “proprietary blend” and you aren’t certain that the listed ingredients may not be entirely accurate. When someone buys from Supplements for Work, we don’t want them to have a single doubt in their mind about the purity of what they’re getting, which is why we are updating our quality control process.
Previous to this update, our QA process was pretty much the same as every other online nootropic vendor:
- We request something to be manufactured
- The manufacturer provides us with their analysis of the batch before shipping us the batch.
- Once received, we send a sample from that batch to a 3rd party lab for HPLC analysis.
- If the results of the analysis meet our standards (>98% purity with no traces of harmful impurities), only then are we able to make it available for sale. Anything non-complaint with these standards gets sent back.
- Our COAs are always available for any customer who wants to view them here.
This process is the QA standard in the supplement industry and is essential both for knowing exactly what’s in our products and keeping our customers safe, however, there are several problems with this model of quality control. What if the manufacturer sends you a fake COA? What if the 3rd party lab tech botches the analysis? What if their testing equipment is not working properly? What if they mix up the samples or results of the analysis with a different batch? Although extremely rare, there are an infinite amount of things that could go wrong due to human error or technological malfunction. This risks the possibility, however remote, that both the vendor and customer may not know the true quality of each batch.
Starting immediately, Supplements for Work is adopting a new quality control process that removes any doubts of a products purity and gives our customers peace of mind.
- We request something to be manufactured.
- We send an auditor to the manufacturing facility to ensure they operate in a clean, ethical, and GMP complaint environment.
- If they pass, they manufacture the requested compound and provide us with their analysis of the batch before shipping us the batch.
- Once received, we send a sample from that batch to a 3rd party lab for HPLC and a second form of analysis depending on the compound.
- Meanwhile, we conduct our own in-house analysis.
- The compound manufacturer, the 3rd party lab, and our own in-house analysis must match up while conforming to our standard of >98% purity with no traces of harmful impurities. Any variance between the three test results requires additional analysis before we can make it available for sale.
- The certificates of analysis are fastidiously updated with every new batch and open to the public at all times. Factory audit reports will also be available, although the names and contact information will be blacked out.
Obviously, this new process involves an extra week or two of lead time between us receiving the products and actually making them available for sale. It is also considerably more expensive, however, Supplements for Work will endeavor to offer the lowest prices on the highest quality nootropics available anywhere. The goal here is to eliminate the question of quality from every end of the spectrum, and by immediately adopting this new QA procedure, we hope to do just that.
Let us know if there are any other steps you would like to see us adopt into our Quality Assurance process by commenting below.
This is a guest post courtesy of one of our customers, John Hawthorne. View the original article here.
Receivingpackages in the mail is one of life’s little pleasures. You open your door and there on your porch is a little bundle of joy. No, not a baby (hopefully). It’s a UPS/USPS/FedEx package containing something you ordered or someone sent you.
You pick up the parcel of goodness and transport it inside with trembling, sweating hands. With baited breath, you delicately slice the packing tape, all while maintaining the precision of a surgeon. No room for error here.
But something is wrong. You look inside the package and feel your stomach drop. The shock is almost too much.
Is this some kind of cosmic joke?
Is someone out to get you.
Your package has been…
[INSERT RECORD SCREECH]
Image via Pinterest.com
Each week we’re giving away the best nootropics from our secret stash. All you have to do is follow us on Facebook or Twitter to enter. Winners will be announced via email on Monday of each week.
This weeks prize:
Can’t wait that long? Check out other products we have on sale this week.
Accomplish More: Daily Focus Nootropic Blend Capsules
Accomplish More: Extreme Testosterone Complex Capsules
Accomplish More: Mental Energy Capsules
Accomplish More: Organic Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine
Accomplish More: Rest & Relaxation
Accomplish More: Thermogenic Weight Loss Blend
ALA + ALCAR
Alpha GPC 50%
The Sulbutiamine Taste
Many people detest Sulbutiamine for its taste but love its benefits. As most know, Sulbutiamine tastes like B vitamins + dirt + hot garbage ran through a coffee grinder. When you order Sulbutiamine in powder form, it’s a good idea to have a plan in mind for when it arrives. Otherwise, it might sit around for months! If you’re like me, you don’t like the idea of good nootropics going to waste (or anything for that matter). Here are a few ways to actually make it taste good!
- Sulbutiamine + vanilla protein powder. This has become a near daily occurrence for me after a good hard workout as I usually lack energy after a few hours at the gym. First, vanilla is the only protein powder flavor that can successfully mask the taste of Sulbutiamine. I tried a few different brands of protein powder and all of them not only mask the taste, but vanilla enhances it to the point where it actually tastes decent. I like to add some cinnamon, turmeric, or vanilla extract to mine, as well, sometimes.
- Sweet tea. There is no secret here. It’s because sweet tea generally has a TON of sugar in it to cover up the nasty taste of Sulbutiamine.
- Mocha coffee/frappuccino. While these can sometimes have quite a bit of sugar in them, you actually taste more of the mocha flavoring than the Sulbutiamine. Note that chocolate flavored ANYTHING will not work, as chocolate is naturally bitter. I add two Splendas to mine to mask the Sulbutiamine even more.
Follow these tips and you’ll be enjoying your Sulbutiamine powder in no time!
I want to take a moment out of my busy day to talk about serial entrepreneurship, testing your limits, and how nootropics helped me accomplish more. But first, let me tell you what my life was like before nootropics…