Tianeptine free acid is relatively new to the nootropics marketplace, despite being one of the most common forms of tianeptine. It has all of the same benefits as tianeptine sodium or tianeptine sulfate, with a few major distinctions outlined below.
Tianeptine Free Acid Facts
- The chemical name for Tianeptine Free Acid is 7-[(3-Chloro-6,11-dihydro-6-methyl-5,5-dioxidodibenzo[c,f][1,2]thiazepin-11-yl)amino] heptanoic acid.
- It is not hygroscopic. Unlike sodium salt, this form can be exposed to atmospheric humidity for minutes to hours with no recourse.
- It is absorbed gradually over time. It has a tendency to act as a sustained release with no harsh drop off that many researchers experience with tianeptine sodium salt.
- Many believe that the taste and odor of this substance is a lot less harsh than tianeptine sodium salt.
- It is slightly soluble in water, but very soluble in sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, ethanol and ether.
- It can be converted into tianeptine sodium salt relatively easily.
Tianeptine Free Acid Dosage
Many researchers who try Tianeptine Free Acid for the first time may believe it to be completely inactive. This is because the Tianeptine Free Acid dose can be difficult to understand. While a standard dose for tianeptine sodium is between 12.5 mg and 37.5 mg with a half-life of about 3 hours, and the tianeptine sulfate dose is between 37.5 mg and 112.5 mg with a half-life of about 6 hours, the Tianeptine Free Acid dose starts at around 112.5 mg for most researchers, depending on tolerance, and has a half-life of around 5 hours, although it will take about 40 minutes to take affect.
The benefits of taking a tianeptine free acid dose instead of a tianeptine sodium salt or sulfate dose can be profound. It provides the gentle sustained release of tianeptine sulfate, but without the hefty price tag. This allows for a more controlled dose and is the perfect form of tianeptine for those who are trying to reduce the amount of tianeptine they intake daily. For those who want a more concentrated dose of tianeptine, you can convert tianeptine free acid into sodium salt with relative ease.
This product is for research purpose only and is not approved by the FDA.